Find out what are the most common factors that can affect the bounce rate.
Bounce rate, or rejection rate, provides information on what part of people visiting a given website or e-shop, leaves it without moving to the next subpage. What is the significance of this indicator in e-commerce?
Bounce rate in your e-shop - what do you need to know about it?
Bounce rate is one of the key performance indicators used in assessing the website traffic and helping in its monitoring. It is expressed as the quotient of the number of sessions limited to one page to the number of all sessions. You can monitor its value in Google Analytics.
It is assumed that the high bounce rate is unfavourable. However, this value must always be analysed in relation to a specific business. A high bounce rate often affects blogs where shared content leads users to a specific place on the web. In the case of online shops, however, it is different.
Bounce rate in e-commerce
If the customer goes to the website of your e-shop and doesn’t decide to click on the product card, and will not add anything to the basket, you should be alert. Why did the customer not make another step and leave the shop, thus increasing the value of the bounce rate?
The most common factors that affect the bounce rate:
- UX - an intuitive interface and poorly developed navigation make shopping difficult. Make sure that your e-shop guides the customer in an invisible way.
- Content - poor quality of graphics and insufficient product descriptions influence the decision-making process. Use the language of benefits and create product galleries that will encourage customers to make purchases.
- The time of loading the e-shop - the longer it lasts, the more likely the user opts out of shopping.
- RWD - no customisation of the e-shop for mobile devices. Be sure to take care of this aspect in your online shop. Responsiveness is a feature that affects not only bounce rate, but also SEO.
- CTA - no explicit call for action. “Buy now”, “Order”, “Add to cart” are the keywords that make the clients more eager to make purchases. Take care of their visibility.