Find out what artificial intelligence is and where it is used.
What is artificial intelligence?
Artificial intelligence is a concept that we encounter more and more often in the context of new technologies and the world of the Internet. Some associate artificial intelligence with advanced data algorithms, others with predicting future events, and others with technological innovations. Are they right?
How do we define artificial intelligence?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is a branch of computer science that deals with teaching machines to perform activities that until now were the domain of people, with a strong emphasis on the analysis of intellect and logic.
In which areas is artificial intelligence used?
AI-based systems are widely used to control technological processes in factories, to translate texts, to program games, to recognise images, speech, and letters.
AI is also used in digital marketing, e-commerce, database management, and customer relations.
Examples of using AI in practice:
- Decision-making processes - machine learning and artificial intelligence allow predicting how a specific group of customers will react to a given offer. On this basis, persuasive sales offers are created.
- Cross-selling and up-selling - thanks to the use of AI for data analysis, it is possible to precisely target offers that increase the shopping basket value.
- Customer service - AI makes it easy to collect information about customers. Thanks to this, customer service departments can better prepare for conversations and solve the problem faster.
- Data analysis - making the right business decisions is possible only when we analyse all data regarding the company's operation. Artificial intelligence supports the functioning of modern systems for data analysis and gives a 360-view on the condition of the company.
- RTM - artificial intelligence is also used for activities related to engaging customers in promotional campaigns in real time. The offer dedicated to a given person may appear on the website during browsing. Such activities significantly increase the chance of making a purchase.
The video version of this article is available also on YouTube: