Our customer's panel allows you to create a banner that will be displayed only to a specific group of users, e.g. users visiting a subpage with a given product category.
The operation of this type of banners is based on user segmentation, i.e. creating a group of users who visited your shop's URL containing the keyword you specified.
The process of creating a banner for visitors to a given category is the same as presented in the article How to create a banner? with the only modification in step 2, i.e. widget settings.
1. In the Widget settings tab click Add a new group.
2. Select Add the cookie to an audience based on: a visit to the website with the given phrase in the URL from the list of available groups.
3. Specify the condition for assigning the user to a group, i.e. which category the user must visit to be displayed a banner. The category name is a phrase that must appear in the URL that the user enters.
Let's assume you want the banner to be displayed only to users who visited the Women category. An example URL for this category looks like this:
Add the phrase women in the condition box on the left.
Then specify the time conditions for displaying the banner. For example, if you want the banner to be displayed only after the user enters the link containing the phrase women in the URL at least three times within 10 minutes, enter the following values:
Thanks to this function (Frequency and Time period fields on the right in the picture above), you can eliminate users who entered a given category unintendedly just by adding information how many times such an event should occur before the user is assigned to the group. For example, if you enter values as it is shown above, a user who entered the category of a woman once by mistake will not be displayed a banner targeted at those interested in the offer for women.
4. Specify the condition for removing the user from the group, i.e. which category the user must enter not to be displayed the banner anymore. Click Add condition.
In the condition field on the left, enter e.g. men.
Similarly to the step above, specify the time conditions. For example, if you want to removing a user from the group when they enter a link containing the phrase men in the URL at least four times within 10 minutes, enter the following values:
5. Name the created group, define the overall lifetime of the target group, e.g. a month (43200 minutes) and click Save.
6. After creating the group, select it from the list in Widget settings tab and go to Show advanced settings (under the group list) to define the capping (limiting the number of banner views to a given user at a given time) and the banner display schedule.
7. Complete the banner creation process as described in the article How to create a banner?.
Remember that you can choose several banners to be displated in a given place on your shop's website (Step 1: Select a placement for the recommendation widget). If you create them for one and the same target group, they will be displayed alternately. If you create them for different target groups, each will be displayed only for the group to which it is assigned. Example: